Here are some old photos which came with names on the reverse.
Are any of them your relatives?
Select the linked name or the picture for more.
READ ABOUT THIS SITE FIRST
||Hartley Bros, The Studio, 2 South Road, Waterloo, Nr.
|COUCH (?or Couth), John
||J. Brett, Stoke Newington Rd, London
|HENSHAW, ?Charlotte, Mrs.*
||Bertin, Clapham Common, London
||Newnham & Field, Bournemouth
|?SHERRETT or SKERRET, Margaret*
||J. Ingham, Sale, Nr. Manchester
||Lupson, Stoke Newington, London
||Teretti, Naples, Italy
||Henry Spink, Brighton, Sussex
Disclaimer and Details
- DISCLAIMER: I know nothing about these people or their families. I just bought the Cartes-de-Visite
and have published them here to help other family
- NAME: The name written on the photo (usually on the reverse).
A question mark (?) means either the writer or myself is unsure about the
transcription or the identification. An asterisk beside the name means
there is further information on the actual photo. Click on the
thumbnail for a better view.
- PHOTOGRAPHER: This is the location of the studio where the
photograph was taken and may help with identification. Was your
relative in that area around that date? And the dates the photograph
studios were in existence can also help to date the photo. Here are
links to a list of
photographers from Roger Vaughan and the
of UK portrait & studio photographers.
- DATE: The date has been given when it was found written on the back of the
photo. Otherwise, you will need to consult
Vaughan's Dating Old Photographs site and his list of
Photos by Year or the
Aids page and have a go at dating it
- MORE: Select the Thumbnail photo for a larger size view of the front and reverse
of the photos. The back of the photo is an important clue for dating
Roger Vaughan's photo site for instructions.
- CONTACT: You can leave a message on the
Guest Book. But note the disclaimer above.