WINDEAT(T)s, WINGET(T)s and WINGATEs - mainly from Devon, UK.
I am very slowly working on creating a searchable database of every Windeatt reference but this may take a while to complete. I will upload it to the web site when complete. I am very grateful to all the descendants researching the different branches of the family for sharing their information and records.
Lists of Records
In the meanwhile I am posting some index lists which we have compiled so far. For reasons of privacy and data protection these do not extend beyond 1901. If you can add any information or, even more important, if you can correct any errors, please get in touch.
- Apprentices:50 or so poor children apprenticed and 37 employers
- Births, Marriages and Deaths
- Court Reports
- Devon 1851 census records
- Burnett-Morris Index
- Parish Records - start of a big project - under construction
- Strays page
- Wills page - thirty-odd transcriptions from PRO records
Some of the files are quite large. You may have to be patient while they load.
Where a record is believed to relate to a person on a particular tree (see Trees page for a brief explanation of each tree) then the record is shaded as follows: